Saturday 29 March 2014

Gift bag mini album

So...strolling through one of my favorite stores and lo!  What do I see but this fantastic gift bag, designed to look like a suitcase.  Had to have it!  I knew right away what I wanted to do with it:  Make a mini, of course.  Here's what I came up with.

  
Stands up on its own.  Measures 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" x 2".  Made a few minor alterations to the bag for the cover.


Used a hidden hinge system and pages are made of Kraft cardstock.
 

 First page and inside cover feature a pocket and a flap.
 

 These pages have a flap and a tiered pocket.
 

 Large flap on the left and two small ones on the right. Cute and useful journaling spots.
 

 Two more small flaps attached directly to the hinges.  You can put a picture or journaling here, or substitute pockets for the flaps.
 

I only made a couple of pullouts for this album, but they're big (8' x 8") and double-sidedI added tabs on the sides to make it easy to pull them out.
 

This page features a flip-down and opposite it a flip-up attachment.
 

 Tags added to this page create two mini pages with both sides available for use.
 

 A simple last page, with just a flap, but could add pockets to the inside cover or back page. 
 
 
I kept this album simple with lots of photo and journaling space.  There's a ton of room for memorabilia and extras though.  The travel papers are a smattering of stuff I had in my stash from various paper collections.  I think they work well together and give the album that vintage travel feel.
 
Thanks for peeking in! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I love this album!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! I had a lot of fun designing it and putting it together. Now to use it...

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynette, I am in awe of your albums! I do minis with the the pages/keys from the Scrapbooking cart but really like yours also!
    What did you use for pages on this album? The flip up/down pages....would you share the process for creating those?

    thanks so much! Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Veronica! And thank you for your kind comments. I used Kraft cardstock for the pages. As to the flipup/down pages, I use a hinge and hide it under the decorative paper. Check out my Gatefold mini album instructions for how to make hinges. You can also do them by scoring your attachment piece and folding it to form a hinge that you attach to your base page. I used both methods for this mini. HTH!

      Delete
  3. Hi, the covers are gift bags?

    ReplyDelete